Ngoonbi Bibi Yungan programs are aimed to get children into school, improve educational outcomes including Year 12 attainment, improve youth transition into further study or employment or support families to give children a good start in life through improved early childhood development, care, education and school readiness.
Ngoonbi Bibi Yungan focuses on the following areas:
- Providing support to parents and families to engage and participate in formal learning opportunities and to communicate with educational providers
- Delivering Parent/Carer and community educational sessions and workshops
- Providing support to, and the engagement of Community Elders
- Providing Educational and Cultural Learning opportunities to enhance greater learning attainment
- Engaging and retaining Indigenous student access to Year 12 and supporting their transition to employment, training and further education
- Providing Family and Youth opportunities for drug free and holistic development
- Delivery of a twice weekly Bibi Yungan Early Years sessions in partnership with Mulungu Aboriginal Corporation, Kuranda District State College and Kuranda Community Kindergarten
- Delivery of twice weekly Games & Learning Club for High School students and Primary students
- Development of a Learning Space to retain students in successful learning outcomes and ensuring brighter futures.
- Daily transport assistance to school and Kindergarten children and their parents.